Tuesday, July 23, 2013

The Nursery

I was so excited to decorate a nursery again.  I had so many ideas going through my head and onto my pinterest boards as soon as we found out we were expecting.
 
Finding out we were blessed with twins slightly threw things for a loop.  I know most people think, just add another crib...but it didn't prove to be that simple for me.
 
I think mainly due to the fact that some of the looks I had in my head were a little bold in color or a little high in price.  Both of which would cause them to be a little too much for the nursery!
 
From the start I knew I wanted to use the white Jenny Lind spindle crib (exact crib I had as a baby!).
Its a great crib and the size and price made it even better when having to have two!
 
Next came the bedding.  I searched everywhere and ended up falling in love with a set from PBK.  I did end up doing a little tweaking to it and I LOVE it!  Fun patterns, but light enough in color that it doesn't make the room look too busy!  It photographs much brighter than it is in person.
 
I purchased extra sheets and had the original ties removed from bumper and these added. 
 Original ties were very thin and were in same material as bumper.
 
All of the other pieces in the room were just fun finds along the way.  I loved being able to create a lot of the room myself and loved refinishing a lot of the pieces for the room.  I threw in my love for burlap here and there with the curtains and bows hanging the girls monograms.
 

 

 still needing to fill empty frames!
 
 

 still on the hunt for a new light fixture!
 

wreath made by a friend out of the fabric in the girls bedding and coordinating fabrics!
 
I am I really happy with how their nursery turned out.  We still have a handful of little things to do in there to make it complete and I will share those as they happen!!

5 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! You did awesome momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the girls rooms, it is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missy! Congratulations on two beautiful girls!! They are precious and so is their room. Love how you decorated it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the girls nursery! The colors,lamps,furniture,frames,monograms,curtains,
    and the shutters. You guys did an amazing job.
    Reese and Morgan are so blessed to have such thoughtful parents and a handsome big brother.
    We Love The Johnson Five!

    ReplyDelete