Monday, July 18, 2011

Cayman Islands


Cayman has always been one of my favorite vacation spots, but this trip was more amazing than I could have planned!  Vacations are always great, but a vacation with the most amazing family ever only makes it that much better! 

Parker had a blast and absolutely loved the water!  He could have floated out in the ocean all day and he loved the sand in his toes!
We had so much fun spending time with our Caymanian family!  They were so generious as always and hosted us to fabulous dinners and lunches.  I was so excited for Wayne and Parker to finally get to meet my family there and for Wayne to enjoy the yummy food!    We ate too much...conch, turtle, crab, wahoo, snapper, mahi, curry chicken, beef and peppers, patties, the list goes on.  Definately time to hit the gym, but it was oh so good!!
We spent most of our days laying on the beach and floating in the ocean.  The guys went deep sea fishing one afternoon and the ladies took that time to head into town for some shopping!  We also spent a day going to Sting Ray City, a guided snorkel excursion and to see the Starfish.  Mom stayed home with Park this day as we didnt want him out on the boat or in the direct sun for that extended period of time.  I held a sting ray which I had never done before(screamed most of the time).
We also went to visit the Turtle Farm and a little visit to Hell!  Parker did not know what to think about the turtles.  He would look at them and then quickly look away.  Wayne held a small one and Park just stared and looked confused!
We also enjoyed a night out to dinner sans baby!  Some of my family stayed at the condos one night and cooked out and offered to keep Parker so we could enjoy a nice dinner.  We dined out at some great resturants while we were there, so if any of you plan to head to the islands, I have some great referals!!
 The last night there we did family pics with all 18 of our immediate family members.  Then I took individual photos of each family.  I think they came out pretty good!  Here is my family and a pic of my parents with Sweet Parker.   He loves his Nana and Grandpa!!
Well I could probably go on for hours!  We decided that 7 days just is not long enough.  With so much to do and so much family to visit with we definately need 10-14 days when we visit next!

Well as much fun as we had it is nice to be home and getting back to our daily lives.  Park got a little off schedule while there so we are still trying to get him adjusted to being home.

Hope you all have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. These pictures are perfect! I'm so glad you three had a great time. Miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like paradise!!! Love all the pics :)

    ReplyDelete