Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Recap. Christmas 2011

What a Merry Christmas it was!
We were so blessed to have my parents here to share the holiday with us.
(They are still here visiting, hence my neglect to the good ol blog!)
More than anything we are so blessed to have a beautiful baby boy to celebrate the Christmas holiday with.
This was Parker's 2nd Christmas and having a child to share the holidays with makes each moment more amazing.

Here is a quick recap of our Christmas this year!

Christmas Eve we opted for the Contemporary Service over the Candlelight due to Parkers bedtime.
I usually prefer a more traditional service, but it was very nice and Parker was so well behaved!




We got home and all got into our pj's and ate our traditional Christmas Eve appetizer dinner!


After Parker went to sleep, I went into the formal living and guess what...
Santa had come!!

Parker got the new slide from Santa and his new pickup truck from Nana and Grandpa

the pickup

the slide






After gifts we ate our traditional Christmas morning breakfast casserole and fruit salad


We spent the rest of the day playing with toys, relaxing and enjoying our time together!!
I really was unsure what to expect from Parker this year as he is still really young.  But he LOVED it.  He was so excited and kept us all entertained.
I have always loved Christmas time, but never as much as I do now that I have a child to share it with.


Christmas nightI decided to do a beef tenderloin, my first ever.
It came out amazing, so I have to share our Christmas dinner too!  I was so proud.
I have decided that beef tenderloin on Christmas with be a new tradition.


beef tenderloin, asparagus, twice baked potatoe casserole and bok choy salad...deslish


Now I am just looking forward to all of our future Christmas'.  So excited to start new traditions with my family, enjoy in the old traditions and share the true meaning of Christmas with Parker as he grows older and can understand more!

Hope all of you had a blessed holiday!

4 comments:

  1. Awesome pictures and great memories!
    Love y'all!
    Mimi & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yummy yummy get in my tummy; that beef tenderloin looks heavenly!!! Great pictures!!!! Christmas rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had an awesome Christmas. Great pictures. Parker is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear Parker didn't scream out (or as we like to say sing with the choir) during the church service. Ha! Poor T (and Preston) had to watch from the lobby.

    Anyhow, I'm off to raid the pantry because I got really hungry looking at your pictures. Umm, thanks :)

    ReplyDelete