Tuesday, April 10, 2012

five days.

This Thursday I head to Texas to host a baby shower for one of my best friends.  I am so excited to celebrate with her and to spend some much needed girl time with my favorites.
However, it will be the first time I leave my little man. 
The longest I have ever been away from him in 16 months is 24 hours.  Just the thought of the leaving him makes me cry and I get knots all in my stomach.

I had no idea that this was going to be so difficult for me.

Dont get me wrong, I completely trust my husband. 
I know they are going to have a great time and that he is in amazing hands.
(Parker's MiMi and PaPa also happen to be coming in town to visit this weekend too)
But at the end of the day I feel like no one can do as good of a job taking care of him as I can.
Afterall I am the one who is with him 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.  I know what every noise means, every cry means, ever word(that may not be a real word) means.   I am the one who consoles him when he bumps his head or has a fall.
I know that he will be fine without me, I know I need this, I knew this would happen eventually, but I honestly do not know how I am going to do being away from him for so long.

Have you dealt with this?  How did your first trip away go?


 

3 comments:

  1. I felt this EXACT same way the first time I left Meyer, and honestly still do! I think it's so hard for SAHMs to hand over their babies to someone else. It's our life to take care of our sweet babies and it's hard to give that up, if only for a few days! Deep down you know he is in great hands and it will be good for you and him to get away! Have so much fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally understand. 2 years ago {Trey was 4 and Em was 1 1/2}, I had to go to Vegas for a week. {rough, I know} Any way, it was completely nerve wracking! The time will pass by quick though, and you'll look forward to the little phone calls during the weekend. Have fun being home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did GREAT! I had so an awesome time and the shower was beautiful!! Loves you!

    ReplyDelete