Friday, November 9, 2012

End tables + Annie Sloan Chalk Paint = LOVE

So I had heard about Annie Sloan chalk paint through some DIY/home blogs.
I always loved the end results I saw, but always figured that it had to be harder than they made it look.
 
That is until Brandi over at Borchard Birdies started posting on Instagram and her Blog about all of her projects with the Annie Sloan paint and she swore it was really that easy to use!!
You can see her projects here.  She did her bathroom cabinets, kitchen island and a couple other little projects in her home.
 
My Grandmother has recently given me some old Ethan Allen end tables that had been sitting in her garage.  I loved the tables, how sturdy they were, the quality and of course that they were hers.  But I was not in love with the maple color.
 
So of course I instantly think project.  Maple tables need to meet chalk paint!
 
I ventured out to a little shop close by that happens to sell the paint, picked my color and by the next day I had two brand new (to me) end tables!!
 
Believe me, the pictures do not do them justice.
 
This chalk paint allows you to do as little or as much distressing as you choose, but I chose to go a little more subtle in that area for these tables.
No priming or sanding, just paint and wax!
 





 

4 comments: