Sunday, November 7, 2010

A little scare...

This past Friday morning I woke up and for some reason just kept thinking to myself that I had not been feeling Parker move like he normally does. I figured I better be safe than sorry so I called my Dr. to see if I could run by his office for a little check up and for them to use the doppler so I could listen to his heart beat and give myself a little peace of mind.

Well when I called they told me to come on it. I begun getting ready and my phone rang, it was the head OB nurse at my doctors office and she told me that my dr. wanted me to go ahead and go straight over to labor and delivery. Hearing this freaked me out and I broke down in tears. Why am I going to L&D?

So I called Wayne who was at his office a little over an hour away in NJ and told him what was going on. He then started to freak out a little (which is rare bc he is the calm one in this relationship) he was ready to head this way and I told him to wait, let me get to the hospital and once I knew what all was going on I would call him.

Once I got to the hospital they told me they were just going to hook me up to the Non Stress Test and make sure everything was okay. That they would keep me hooked up for about 30 min and then if everything was fine, I would be able to go. So I called Wayne and told him not to worry about coming up there...I would be gone before he could make it back to PA.

Well as soon as they hooked me up Parker started moving all around and his heart beat was good and strong! I layed in the bed and just took a big sigh of relief! Now my only problem was that he was moving so much at this point that the machine was not getting a straight read of his heartbeat...I needed to have 30 minutes of a straight read before they would let me go.

So now the entire reason why I am here (him not moving) is completely the opposite of why I cant leave...he not wont stop moving!!

After he finally settled down I stared at the monitors for 30 minutes and had a solid uninterupted line...I was ready for the doc to come in and tell me I as good to go. This was not the case. While reading over all the print outs he noticed there was a point in time where Parkers heart rate took a fairly drastic spike down. This worried him and they immediately put me in a hospital gown and on IV fluids.

They were now going to be doing more monitoring to figure out if there was something wrong with Parker and if this was something that was occuring often or if it was just a random drop in his heart rate.

At this point I was a complete mess. What was wrong with Parker? What was going to happen if it occured again? What if it spiked down again and I had to be taken in for an emergency c-section and I was all alone with my hubby an hour away and my family all in TX? I called Wayne and told him to get there as soon as he could.

After about 2 more hours of monitoring there were no other drops in his heart rate the I was finally discharged. I am so thankful that the day did not become any more "eventful" and that I was able to go home. I want to keep this little guy in here as long as I can!

I am going back to my perinatologist tomorrow for a follow up and will post updates after that visit!! Please pray that all is well with my little guy!

3 comments:

  1. Look forward to your update Missy... and know that ya'll are in our thoughts and prayers.

    Big hug and kiss! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad things look okay. Can't wait to meet Parker. You are in our prayers. This is from Aunt Susan: Grace, Megan, Joshua, Belle Quinn and Victoria's Granny!

    ReplyDelete