Friday, June 1, 2012

18 months!


I cannot believe my sweet boy is already 18 months old!!  We have not been to the doc yet, so I do not know his stats but he sure is looking alot taller to me lately!!

Some things about Parker at 18 months...

Still sleeping like a champ!  Goes down at 730 and wakes up anywhere from 830-9.
Takes one nap a day for about 2-3 hours.

We have finally started to cut the final four teeth(canines), but they sure are taking their time.
They do not seem to be bothering you too much (knock on wood)!

You are wearing 12-18 month in your shirts, but for shorts you are still in 9-12 months.
Size 6-7 shoe depending on which kind or brand.

You are OBSESSED with anything with wheels.  You have a car/truck/train in your hands at all times, sometimes all three!  You love to drive them all over the house saying "vrooom"!

You still love books and are constantly reading.

You also LOVE being outside.  Even if we are just walking around!  I can hardly let the dog out these days without you making a b-line for the door!
You favorite things are driving around in your truck, climbing UP your slide, splashing in your pool and in your water table!

Whenever I say "Parker, lets go"  you run to the front door and attempt to open it!  
You love going "bye bye"!

When it comes to food you are still very picky.  We have a speech therapist who is coming to work with you once a week.  At first she swore it wasn't a texture issue (mommy swore it was), but after weeks of food journaling and little experiments with your meals, its seems that it is.  
She said she is going to figure you out!!!!
Mommy cannot wait bc I am so ready for you to eat more than 5 things!!

As well as the eating issue we are also having the speech therapist work with you on talking.
I was becoming a little stressed that you are not talking as much as some other kids.  I know I should never compare, but sometimes its hard.
She said you are so ready to just let all the words flow and you just need someone to light a little fire under your behind!!  (I will do a seperate post on this soon)

When it comes to words you say:
Mama, Dada, Bella (Beya),  hot, bubble, ball, uh-oh, duck, choo, bye bye, car and tickle 
On your nightly phone chat with your Nana this week you finally said Nana too! 
She was so excited!
When I ask you what a pig says you snort!  Its hilarious!


You are the sweetest most kind hearted little boy. 
Seeing the way you interact with us and with your friends makes me so proud! 
Everything you do melts my heart, especially when you crawl up in my lap just to plant a big kiss on my lips!
Or when you see me from afar and blow me a kiss!
I have no idea what I ever did without you and am so blessed to be your Mommy.

So now that you are officially a year and half will you please consider slowing down a little.
I have accepted 18 months, but 24 months is going to make this mommy a sobbing mess!




4 comments:

  1. Oh Parker your getting to be such a big boy & your so incredibly adorable. I can't believe our babies are getting so big

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAPPY 1 1/2 YEARS OLD, SWEET PARKER! You are growing up to be such a handsome and smart young boy. Hope ya'll get to move home soon.
    We love you!!
    Mimi & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. PRECIOUS! How are they so big already??

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG so sweet! This brings tears to my eyes! Love you and love Mr. Parker too!

    ReplyDelete