Tuesday, June 19, 2012

BIG News...

IT'S OFFICIAL...THE JOHNSONS ARE MOVING HOME TO THE LONE STAR STATE!

Even as I type this it still doesn't ring true!  I think I am in a state of shock.

Let start from the beginning.  February 2008 (newlyweds of 7 months) and Wayne calls me to tell me he was given an amazing opportunity at work and we were moving to Georgia.  SAY WHAT?
The tears started to flow and although I was so happy for him, I was selfishly devistated.
I stormed out of work, got in my car called my dad and cried.

Georgia?, the idea of ever leaving my home state (the BEST state) never even crossed my mind.  I was content with being there for the rest of my life.  Its where my friends were and most importantly it is where my family was...both of our families are.  Its my safe place, my home and what I knew.

But I sucked it up (being the absolutely amazing wife I am) and we packed our bags 30 days later and moved to GA.  It took a little while to get settled, we started to make some friends and things were going good.  Of course I missed home but we were able to visit fairly frequently and many of our family and friends would come visit.  I just thought of this as a temporary step for him and thought we would stay there for awhile and then they would transfer him back to the corporate offices in TX.
Well after 18 months we got more news....

Wayne came home and let me know that he had been offered a promotion (Im thinking yay...$$$$) then he says, and we will have to move to New Jersey.

My heart went to my stomach as the thoughts of guidos, table flippers, hair gel and youz guyz rushed through my head.  He then told me that he told them he needed to talk to me to see how I felt.
Well what do you say?  Of course I don't want to move to Jersey...but I am going to support my husband no matter what.  So after he bought me a new Louis (I am quite skilled in bribery) we packed up and moved to the NE...we ended up buying in PA...Jersey is expensive friends and their taxes...lets just say CRAZY!!

So here we are in PA for the past 3 years.  By far the hardest 3 years of my life.
I have experienced some of the greatest losses during our time here, but also the most amazing little blessing.
Parker was born here, he had his first playdate here, he did so many first in this house.  Those memories will always stick with me and make PA special.
But will they ever make me sad to leave...not one bit!
LITTLE MAN needs his family, and so does his Mama!


So as of right now it looks like we will be making the move in August!
We could not be more thrilled and I could not be more proud of my sweet husband.
We should be heading down in the next week or so to start the house hunt, so keep us in your prayers that all goes smoothly and that we find the perfect home for our little family!

And while I would do it over again if he needed me to, I do plan to forever use "I moved all over the country for you" as a rebuttal for all future arguments!!




9 comments:

  1. Wow what a journey! I bet that was so hard for you, but what a great wife you truly are. I'm so glad your dreams of moving back to Texas have come true and I wish you the best of luck in the house hunt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where in Tx, hopefully Austin!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you were going to move back to Newnan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great. My hubby might be getting a job in Texas. If he does we'll be moving there too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. And that beinging said, Is why we LOVE our amazing daughter inlaw! Your total support is bringing the Johnson Family home! See y'all soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. visiting from pineapples & pickles...thought I'd say hello!
    congrats on coming back home to TX!
    I'm in Houston, so I understand the lone star state love :)
    Parker is just precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woo Hoo!!! You are a nice wife, and I totally would remind Wayne everyday of this :) Come visit us in H-town!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such wonderful news! Magic to my ears would be the boyfriend telling me that we were moving back to MY home in Texas, but for the foreseeable future, we'll be here in MA, the land of the Yanks. My absolute best wishes to you and your family, and on getting to raise your adorable sweet boy in the great state of Texas!!

    ReplyDelete