Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The kind way


Not sure what has been going on with solicitors in our area.  
They are not allowed, yet they seem to keep showing up.

I have even had quite a few pull up and come to my home only to "welcome me" to the area leaving brochures for everything from pest control to alarm systems to media hook up info.

Of course I never answer the door, I just find said material after the fact.
Although Parker and Bella love to look out the blinds and rub it in the solicitors face that we are home and ignoring them on purpose!

After a call to the HOA complaining, I decided I needed to try to come up with a way to keep them from banging on my door.
So it was either sitting on the porch all day with a shot gun (I kid, but I am sure this method would work!) or a kind little sign to let them know they are not welcomed.

 I went with option #2...at least for now!
Made it during P's nap yesterday, now we wait to see if it is effective!!!





3 comments:

  1. we have soliciters too and we have a sign that says NO SOLICITING but they still come. annoying! Cute sign though

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SUCH a cute sign!! You are such a crafty, super Mama!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea Missy. I love the sign, cute and polite! hope it works for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete