Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Very Pinteresting!!

So in my efforts to become a little more crafty, I have decided to try to make a few of my pinned DIY items each month(we will see how this goes!)

My first crafty attempt was making tile coasters!!

I saw these, thought they were cute and they looked easy...so project one was chosen!

First pinned by Lindsay 'Tam' Schmitz onto Craft Day Ideas.

So I went out to get my supplies.  All I needed was 4 ceramic tiles, scrapbook paper, modge podge and acrylic spray paint...sounds easy enough!



They were super easy...
-just cut the paper to size of tile
-modge podge paper to tile, let dry
-spray with acrylic, let dry
- and DONE...except adding of felt cirlces to bottom as to not scratch furniture!!(I forgot these and had to go back out!)


And tada...here is the final product!  Not too shabby!  

So excited about them...and then my hubby informed me he HATES tile coasters bc water just sits on them.  I just smiled and told him to make his own coasters then!! ;)



Off to Pinterest to find my next DIY!!!

2 comments:

  1. Nice job! Basically how I did the girls letters for their names in their rooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very impressed! I have pinned all sorts of crafts that I want to make, and have not done a single one!! They look great :)

    ReplyDelete