Wednesday, October 3, 2012

22 months (and 2 days)


I cannot believe I will have a two year old in 2 short months!!
All the men in my family have always asked why women (moms) always talk about their kids in months at this age...they are very relieved to know that all that will end shortly!
Honestly for me the only reason I talk in months is because it makes him sound younger.  If he is 22 months, he is not 2, he is still a baby!!

I have been so bad about blogging in general and keeping up with Parks monthly post.  Life has just gotten so busy with MDO, Southern Accent Design (my etsy shop), play dates, park visits and finally living close to family and friends, we have been pretty much non stop.  I plan to get better, I promise.  But with the upcoming holiday seasons, I just dont know how well I will do!

Now back to my little man!!


Parker at 22 months!

-You are still my little picky eater but you get better with each day.  For some reason you really only like to try new things with you are with your Nana.  MiMi has gotten you to eat a carrot too.
You still love your waffles, pancakes, bananas, grapes, raisins, cheerios, pb sandwiches, veggie dogs and your new fav is grilled cheese.

-You are still my amazing little sleeper.  You take a 2.5-3.5 hour nap everyday and sleep from about 730/8-8/830 each night.  You go down without a fight (most nights) and wake up in the best mood.  Mornings are my favorite time of the day because of your sweet smile!!

- You are saying new words each day!  I love seeing you learning and watching recognize and name things!
We have also been working on your colors, numbers and shapes!  It amazes me each day how much you absorb and understand.
You know all of your farm animals and all of their noises and a good amount of the zoo animals and their sounds.
 color matching game we play, that Parker loves
shape/color flash cards

-You continue to love your MDO class.  Your eyes light up as you run in and I get the dirtiest little looks when I come in to pick you up, because you are never ready to go!!

- We have not even attempted potty training, but in the past two weeks you have been coming to tell me when you have to poo poo.  I am assuming this is something you picked up from school but you are always right.  When you tell me, you have either just gone or you go immediately after.  I am just proud that you are understanding what is going on.  So I have ordered a little potty and we will see how it goes, but I am not pushing anything!

 - Your 4 canine teeth have finally made their way in.  I am pretty sure most of your molars are in too, but it takes an army to get a good look in your mouth!!

- We have gone through a couple months here recently of some serious tantrums.  There have been days where I have even cried.  You were really testing your mommy's patience (which there is not much to test) and really doing your best to find out what you could and could not get away with.  I have started reading a book on discipline, Love and Logic that was recommended by a friend.  I have not yet finished but have seen some great improvements so far in your behavior (KNOCK ON WOOD!)

-your favorite things right now are: trucks, trains, planes, riding your tricycle (its a push one), wagon rides, the park, reading books, puzzles, golf cart rides, bubble guppies and mickey mouse.  Anything you do you would prefer it be outside and you would prefer to be barefoot!!

Parker, you are one amazing little boy!
Your Daddy and I are so proud of you and feel so blessed to get to watch you grow and learn each day!!
We love you!




3 comments:

  1. Oh Parker you are getting so big. I can't believe that our babies are almost 2, it seems so serreal. Keira has been bad with throwing tantrums lately. He is a cutie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay a Parker post!!! I have missed that sweet face. Sounds like he is doing awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 22mons. to our sweet grandson! We are so blessed to have you in our lives. Papa and I love you very much!!

    ReplyDelete