Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 Years

I honestly cannot believe it has been 10 years.  I remember that day like it was yesterday.  I was  awoken by friends that I needed to get infront of the TV immediately.  We all gathered in the living room at the sorority house watching the coverage, in shock and scared.  I remember tears and asking what and why.  I remember all I wanted to do was be at home with my parents and sister because I had so much fear and I was not sure of what was going to happen next.

As I have been watching all of the coverage this week it has left me in tears.  The emotions of that day become so raw again as each anniversary comes around and I watch the coverage over and see the interviews of family and friends who lost their loved ones that day.

I am so glad to see all this coverage and the memorials that have been done, we have not forgotten and we never will. 

God bless those who lost their lives that day and those who have fought each day since to protect us.

0 comments:

Post a Comment