Wednesday, November 2, 2011

11 months. a day late.

*(I was waiting to do this post till I took his 11 mos pics, but due to his little cold...he wants nothing to do with those pics!)

It makes me cry to even say it, but my sweet baby boy is 11 months old.  I cannot believe that in just ONE month we will be celebrating his first birthday.  SIGH!


This month he has really been working on his walking!  He gets better and better each day!  He usually takes about 8 or so steps and then falls.  He usually gets back up and goes at it again, other times he just crawls to where he wants to be.

He finally said Mama...music to my ears!!  Also says Dada, baba, ticka ticka.

We went from 4 bottles a day to 3.  We also started giving more table food.  We have tried EVERYTHING I can think of and the ONLY things he will eat are pancakes, goldfish, cheerios, bananas and peas.  Anything else I put on his tray he has no interest in.  Any advice?

Still sleeps great.  Goes to bed between 7-730 and wakes up around 8-830.  Still taking 2 naps a day.

He has 5 teeth now and with the way he has been chewing on everything, I would not be shocked if a few more were on the way in!

Loves throwing things...with both hands.  Still not really favoring one hand over the other.

Unfortunately he had his frist ER visit this month...this past Friday he fell pretty hard on the tile.  That night as I was putting him to bed he started to vomit.  When I say vomit...it was like something in a movie.  Thankfully I called my friend who had watched him earlier that night to make sure he had not eaten anything and she let me know that vomitting after a hitting their heads can be a sign of a concussion.  So she rushed over (Wayne was on a flight home) and we headed to the ER.  Wayne landed and met us at the hospital.  They did some nuerological exams and said he seemed fine and we headed home.  So glad all turned out well, but I do not want to be back there anytime soon!

He is still in a size 3 diaper, but I think we will move to the size 4 at night soon.

With his clothes he is everywhere.  The size variance from brand to brand amazes me. 
But for the most part he wears  9 and 9 to 12 months.


Parker,
You are such a big boy and growing so quickly.  These past 11 months have been amazing and I cannot believe how quickly they have flown by.  You are so funny, smart and showing such independence.  You are just like your Mama when it comes to knowing what you want! 
We love you so much!!

Mommy and Daddy!

3 comments:

  1. Even pasta? You can sneak lots of things into mac-n-cheese. Like pureed squash.

    What about hummus?

    Have you tried oatmeal or cream of wheat?

    He might not like some textures.....but I think I'd just keep trying. Sometimes it just takes awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Time has gone by TOOO FAST! Wish we were closer, but we have enjoyed every moment we have had with Parker!! Love all the blog updates and pics.
    Love,
    Mimi & Papa

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope his eating gets better. Keira is like a garbage disposal and eats everything! Parker is so adorable. Happy 11 months

    Joeylee
    Sweet N Sassy Girls

    PS Thank you for the sweet comments.

    ReplyDelete