Tuesday, November 22, 2011

brown bag turkey

I love cooking for Thanksgiving!!  It is such a great day.  I love all the smells of Thanksgiving foods, fall candles and the sounds of parades and football and family!  This year it will just be the three of us, which should be interesting as I have never cooked such a meal for such a small group.  So we are going to have to be ALL about the leftovers!!

We have all of our groceries purchased and I am ready to start bright and early Thursday morning!!

I guess it was around 5 years ago when I first tried the "Brown Bag Turkey" recipe.  A local DJ in Dallas, Kidd Kraddick always talked about it and callers always called in raving about his recipe.  I hosted Waynes entire family for Thanksgiving that year and it was my first try at the turkey.  So easy and absolutely AMAZEBALLS!!  Everyone spoke the words "juiciest turkey", "best turkey"...you get the drift!  I was so proud...its been a staple ever since.  I have had quite a few family members start using this recipe themselves. 

The only think I do different than what the recipe calls for is I do inject the turkey with the Tony Cachere's cajun injections!

The turkey being placed in the brown bag allows the turkey to roast to perfection...way better than any of those roasting bags!
Definately give it a try!!

Our sides this year will include mashed sweet potatoes, stuffing, green bean casserole, orange scented cranberry sauce and homeade macaroni and cheese.
The mac and cheese is Wayne's only request...he claims it to be a traditional Tgiving food...I disagree. 
Oh well!

I hope each of you has a wonderful Thanksgiving!  We all have so much to be thankful for!


0 comments:

Post a Comment